What does the word ‘slavery’ mean to you? You might think it’s something that happened in the past, but it’s not. Modern slavery is a heinous and often hidden crime and it remains very much in the present. Modern slavery is the grievous exploitation of people for personal or commercial gain. It includes slavery, servitude, forced and bonded labour, forced marriage, sex trafficking and human trafficking. The impact can be devastating for the victims, and many go undetected.
- Identify what modern slavery is and who it affects
- Describe warning signs to look out for
- Identify the role of technology with modern slavery and learn how it can be used to combat it
- Identify business responsibilities
- Use reporting methods to refer potential victims
Complete the eModule to gain your certificate (subscription required).