Get BusinessBalls Premium for yourself or your organisation. Find out more here.
Legionella training is an essential part of all workplace risk management and is vital for those who work in building management, design and maintenance. In some jurisdictions it is not mandatory to have, but in the UK, safety regulators including the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) expect people with responsibility for the control of Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease to have the correct training that allows them to undertake their duties safely and effectively. Anyone with the responsibility for the control of Legionella, MUST be competent to do their job.
- Understand what Legionnaires’ disease is
- Identify where legionella bacteria are found
- Understand what it does and how it affects people’s health
- Be aware of the Bath Hospital Case study
- Identify legionella risks in the workplace
- Understand the role of the responsible person (my duties)
- Identify and assess sources of risk
- Manage, prevent and control the risk
- Understand treatments for Legionnaires’ disease
- Have knowledge of the key legislation in relation to the control of legionella
- Outline the requirements, actions and records you need to keep
- Know the actions and controls to implement
Complete the eModule to gain your certificate (subscription required).