quizballs 301 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 301 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The highest recorded bird strike by an aircraft is a: Swallow; Vulture; Crane; or Tit?
- The old English words 'erst' and 'erstwhile' mean: Past; Present; Supposed; or Certain?
- What name for a crude greedy humanoid species in Jonathan Swift's 1726 Gulliver's Travels came to refer to a rude and violent person, and is also a big modern technology corporation?
- The term pannier (e.g., motorbike side-box) derives from what sort of basket: Picnic; Bread; Waste; or Ball?
- Hawaiian, Strombolian, Peléan, Phreatomagmatic and Submarine are types of: Massages; Volcanic eruptions; Salads; or Gymnastic floor moves?
- According to which religion did the prophets Nephi and Lehi lead people from Jerusalem across the sea to the Americas around 600BC?
- Which US office equipment corporation renamed itself (1961) after its branded photocopying technology, from Greek meaning 'dry'?
- The medical term 'thrombo' refers to a: Leg; Heart; Blood clot; or Valve?
- What word prefixes the following to make five different words: habit, jury, sect, stance, tense?
- A normal human eye can distinguish approximately how many different colours/colors: 10,000; 100,000, 1 million, or 10 million?
- Nociceptive, Neuropathic, Phantom, Psychogenic, and Incident are types of what?
- Pandalus borealis is more commonly called (and officially named by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization): Northern prawn; Giant panda; Edible snail; or Bombay duck?
- In psychology the (positive) 'Pygmalion effect' and opposite (negative) 'Golem effect' influence people by: Criticism; Money; Expectation; or Food?
- The Sola plant (Aeschynomene aspera) from India/S Asia is used to make what famous headwear?
- The informal German military term 'sitzkrieg' refers to what feature of war: Aerial bombardment; Pause; Siege; or Retreat?
- What internet vulnerability 'bug' was announced (in April 2014) to have existed in 17% of the world's web servers since end-2011: Heartbleed; Braindrain; Mindleak; or Plughole?
- 360 Varial, Ollie, Nollie, and Frontside Air are terms in: Bartending; Aviation; Skateboarding; or Radio broadcasting?
- What common Hindu/Indian surname derives from 'a piece of land' and referred to a landowner/tenant farmer?
- What are generally regarded to be the four precious stones?
- The society-persuasion theory adopted by US and UK governments based on the 2008 Thaler & Sunstein book of the same name is called: Shift; Nudge; Wink; or Elbow?
quizballs 301 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes