The Ups and Downs of Ladder Safety
Most injuries occur from falling from a height shorter than two metres and can be avoided using some handy ladder knowledge. Whether you are a decorator painting some hard-to-reach areas or climbing to a second level to do some building work, ladder misuse can cause serious injury, spinal damage and even fatality. Knowing the skills to select, position and secure ladders will take fewer than 40 minutes and can prevent you or others from spending your weekends in a hospital.
- Identify / assess the common types of risks
- Recall safety pre-checks and know when to use them
- Understand safe ladder position
- Safely secure ladders with straps
- Select the appropriate ladder for the job
- Know what to do if the ladder is unsafe
- Understand when it’s not safe to use ladders
- Have knowledge on appropriate emergency procedures in the event of an accident.
Complete the eModule to gain your certificate (subscription required).