The Basics of Manual Handling
Injuries can happen as a result of incorrect handling and moving. I slipped a disc once from trying to bench press a 1980s photocopier. I couldn’t move for a whole week. Naturally this course is about lifting, moving and handling loads safely. It looks at the legal requirements of manual handling and provides a wider understanding and knowledge of manual handling, correct lifting principles, the risks involved and the control measures available so you can keep safe.
- Understand what manual handling is & identify where to use it
- Understand why you should lift responsibly
- Explain the term ‘manual handling’ and other terminology
- Appreciate how injuries can happen as a result of incorrect handling and moving
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with manual handling
- Demonstrate the principles of safe handling and moving
- Understand good working practices
- Explain the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Recognise your personal manual handling capabilities
- Summary / Quiz
Complete the eModule to gain your certificate (subscription required).