Get BusinessBalls Premium for yourself or your organisation. Find out more here.
Food… Mmm! If we’re not eating it, we’re preparing it, or simply thinking about it! Whether that’s planning the evening meal, or trying to stick to a diet, we just can’t get enough of food! As you can imagine, it’s big business. In the food industry, ensuring anything destined for human consumption is safe is the only way of staying above the law, so knowing how to do that is vital.
- Demonstrate understanding of food safety and hygiene laws and legislation
- Explain the concept of contamination and causes of food poisoning
- Use safe methods of of chilling, cold handling, storing, cooking and reheating food
- Identify allergens and other hazards
- Recognise the need for high standards of cleaning and hygiene in food business
Complete the eModule to gain your certificate (subscription required).