quizballs 48 - christmas quiz - questions without answers
free trivia quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Quizballs quiz from the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Question 22 was changed (In which body of water is Christmas Island?) because there is more than one island of this name - thanks W Armstrong - 19 Dec 2008.
quizballs 48 - free christmas quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Who was the first British monarch to broadcast a Christmas message to the nation?
- Child star Jimmy Boyd sang which hugely popular 1950's Christmas song, which was initially banned by the Catholic Church in Boston because it supposedly mixed sex and Christmas?
- Who banned Christmas in England between 1647 and 1660?
- On which date is Epiphany celebrated in the traditional Western calendar?
- Who are the four ghosts in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol?
- What liqueur goes into making a 'snowball' cocktail?
- What is the English title of the carol written in 1818 by Austrian priest Josef Mohr originally called Stille Nacht?
- The Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway notably) tend to celebrate Christmas chiefly on which date?
- Which US state in 1907 was the last to declare Christmas a legal holiday?
- Presepe in Italy refers to what Christmas tradition?
- Christmas Crackers is cockney rhyming slang for which part of the male anatomy?
- What is the popular name for little baked sausages wrapped in rashers of streaky bacon?
- Which of the Wise Men was said to have brought the gift of gold for the baby Jesus?
- The 1954 movie White Christmas was the first to be made using what new Paramount film format?
- Which river did George Washington cross on Christmas night in 1776 in the American Revolutionary War?
- What changed in 1752 which caused England to have a White Christmas less frequently thereafter?
- Traditional in Germany at Christmas, what sort of food is stollen?
- According to the UK National Meteorological Office what year (prior to 2007) was the last White Christmas in Britain?
- The Christmas period of 1813-14 saw the last what in London?
- How many gifts are given in total in the song The Twelve Days of Christmas?
- The words "Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume breathes of life, of gathering gloom..." come from which Christmas carol?
- Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean is a territory of which country?
- Which diarist noted on 25th December 1662, "(Christmas Day). Had a pleasant walk to White Hall, where I intended to have received the communion with the family, but I have come too late..."
- The USA's official National Christmas Tree is in which National Park?
- John Callcott Horsley designed what first commercial Christmas item in 1843?
- In Victorian England what people were popularly called robins because of their red uniforms?
- Which popular poem was alternatively known as A Visit from St Nicholas?
- In Britain which token vegetable is often included in the ingredients of a Christmas pudding?
- What animal is Snowball in George Orwell's book Animal Farm?
- Yorkshireman William Strickland is believed to have brought the first what to Britain from North America in 1526?
quizballs 48 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes