quizballs 460 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 460 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Helix pomatia is otherwise known as edible: Snail; Seaweed; Sand; or Coal?
- What word prefixes: Shed, Sport, and Stock?
- Which capital city building name means "city fortress": Colosseum; Louvre; Kremlin; or Taj Mahal?
- Codeine painkiller is classified as: Opiate; Paracetamol; Anti-inflammatory; or Medical cannabis?
- What famous banking family's surname is from German 'red sign'?
- An example of the human condition 'Paresthesia' is: Sleepwalking; Forgetfulness; Laziness; or Pins and needles?
- Swiss psychologist Hermann Rorschach's eponymous psychological test uses: Handwriting; Inkblots; Star-signs; or Tea-leaves?
- The technical word for the side-arms of spectacles is: Temples; Churches; Cathedrals; or Synagogues?
- Spell the word meaning a rebound of a bullet/projectile: Riccochet; Ricochet; Richoshe; or Rickershay?
- Which two months of the year are named after Roman Emperors? (two answers required)
- What creature is thought named from Australian Aboriginal, meaning (leading to) 'good food': Wombat; Koala; Budgerigar; or Kangaroo?
- The original short term for the EU (European Union) was: EIC; EUC; EEC; or NATO?
- The most reliable form of timekeeping until the 1930s was: Water; Sand; Pendulums; or Sunlight?
- What sort of leaf from the Bible metaphorically obscures a problem: Vine; Olive; Fig; or Raspberry?
- Named after an Illinois factory, what motivational 'Effect' was interpreted by psychologist Elton Mayo in the 1920s: Laurel; Hawthorne; Rosebush; or Cactus?
- Geert Wilders emerged as a controversial extreme Dutch (What?) in the 2000s: Naked hockey; 90% alcohol liqueur; Right-wing politician; or Canal flu?
- What car make has 2010s models including 108, 208, 301, 408, 508, and Bippo van: Citroen; Peugeot; Renault; or Maserati?
- Nixdorf, Tulip, Sinclair and AST were early brands in: Package holidays; Computing; Electric cars; or SLR cameras?
- What is Vladimir Nabokov's controversial 1955 novel, which originated the also controversial term for a promiscuous young woman?
- The first Ebay business to exceed five million positive feedbacks was: Book Banana; Music Magpie; Lip Stick; or Toy Tomato?
quizballs 460 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes