quizballs 423 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 423 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- The cube root of 1 (one) is: A third; Three (3); 1 (one); or 100?
- The stone (from gypsum or calcite) used for indoor carvings/statues/ornaments, also called 'onyx-marble', is: Granite; Alabaster; Limestone; or Chalk?
- Which president is on the US Purple Heart military medal?
- The Minor Arcana comprising swords, cups, batons (or wands/rods/staves), and coins (or pentacles/disks) is a popular form of what game/divination system?
- Penultimate means what in a series: First; Last; Second; or Second-to-last?
- Hiball, Tulip, Flute, and Tumbler are: Dancer's dresses; Drinking glasses; Poker variants; or New York Metro stations?
- Developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, Reiki (pronounced 'ray-kee') is a method of: Fish cookery; Algebra; Alternative medicine; or Poetry?
- In the expression 'a poisoned chalice', (a prestigious difficult responsibility with high personal risk), a chalice is a ceremonial: Robe; Goblet; Crown; or Sandwich?
- A kleptoparasite is a creature which does (What?) to other animals: Eats them; Buries them; Traps them in a web; or Steals and eats their food?
- Named after its camera vehicles, the 2016 video-mapping of the Faroe Islands is '(What?) View': Bike; Tractor; Trawler; or Sheep?
- Devised by Alan Turing in 1950, the Turing test is a test of (What?) in a computer: Speed; Reliability; Capacity; or Artificial Intelligence?
- Meaning enthusiasm, what 8-letter word beginning with 'K' contains three sets of double-letters?
- New South Wales Australia announced in 2016 it would ban (What?) due to abuses being 'beyond reform': Greyhound racing; Slot machines; Lager; or Facebook?
- Kondike, the Yukon river tributory and area famous for a gold-rush 1897-98, is in north-west: Canada; Australia; USA; or Russia?
- Kept as pets and native to Thailand/Indonesia, the Kissing Gourami, is a: Parrot; Rodent; Aquarium fish; or Miniature goat?
- The most common compound of the element chlorine is: Salt; Vinegar; Sugar; or Water?
- Bulgaria, Orinoco, Tomsk, Tobermory, and Bungo are: Olympic Games venues; Dangerously volcanic regions; Chrysler truck models; or Characters from The Wombles novels/TV series?
- The metaphorical expression meaning self-promotion is "Blow your own (What?)" : Balloon; Trumpet; Bugle; or Kiss?
- 'Kerb drill' refers to a traditional British: Underwear fabric; Stonemason's tool; Road safety precautions; or Acid rain?
- The Latin positive-thinking maxim "Aut Viam Invenium Aut Facium" means: No gain without pain; Necessity is the mother of invention; Where there's a will there's a way; or Oops upside your head?
quizballs 423 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes