quizballs 415 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 415 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- A warm sunny period in Autumn (Fall) in the northern hemisphere is called an: African Spring; Australian Winter; Indian Summer; or Baked Alaska?
- A business constituted as a 'cooperative' is owned and managed by its: Founders; Staff/customers; Venture capitalist investors; or National government?
- What kitchen/restaurant appliance is named in French, deriving from Latin 'bath of Maria'?
- 0.6214 mile is how many metres: 200; 1000; 1500; or 5000?
- Vaseline is a genericized brandname for what sort of 'Jelly'?
- French writer/philosopher Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade (1740-1814) inspired which behavioural term?
- In yoga, 'asana' is: Breath; Place/position of pose; Meditation; or Incense smoke?
- Name the ancient Greek slave/storyteller to whom many fables are attributed in an eponymous collection?
- The US Hillerich & Bradsby company's 'Louisville Slugger' is a: Garden pesticide; Baseball bat; Earth-digger/mover; or Saxophone?
- Zugzwang is a globalized German term for an obligatory disadvantageous: Chess move; Tax payment; Blood transfusion; or Give-way to a cyclist?
- The old weight 'dram' or 'drachm' equates to: 1.772 grams; One ounce; One kilogram; or One ton?
- What is the popular Tex-Mex and Mexican dish known in Spanish as 'frijoles refritos'?
- Monophthongs, dyphthongs and triphthongs are types of: Vowel sounds; Teeth; Cabbages; or Coin edging?
- What word makes five new words when prefixing: Go; Ding; Ocular; Man; and Liner?
- What French word refers to a terracotta dish and a pâté typically made in one: Tajine; Terrine; Ramekin; or Karahi?
- What astrological star sign is represented by the scales?
- From the Greek god of love what term refers to a part of the human body that is especially responsive to touch/stimulation?
- Latin deus (god) and Javanese dejos became what Chinese pidgin English word for an incense stick?
- Machiavellian/Machiavellianism, after Renaisance philosopher/writer/political scientist Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527), refers to: Joyful; Clumsy; Cunning; or Energetic?
- What is the bingo nickname and the number that is the square root of 484, a rifle calibre, and puzzle or 'catch' (two answers required)?
quizballs 415 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes