quizballs 374 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 374 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The Anglicized Japanese word futon basically refers to a: Seat; Mattress; Salad; or Fighting stick?
- Five ninths of three fifths is a: Quarter; Third; Half; or Whole?
- The 18C legal term 'Ragman Roll', a record of crimes, originated what modern word for a long complex procedure?
- What term was popularised by the eponymous 1979 film about a nuclear reactor meltdown hypothetically 'burning' from the US through Earth to other side?
- What clothing-part metaphorically classifies workers/jobs according to white or blue?
- The Virgin space tourism business is branded: Galactic; Trek; Odessey; or Titanic?
- What Anglicized German Italian term for 'circulation of money' became a brand for electronic financial transfer, and UK slang for a state benefits payment?
- What informal boxing term arose from Muhammad Ali's defeat of George Foreman in 1974, in which Ali covered up against the ropes, causing Foreman's exhaustion from sustained ineffectual punching?
- The momentous Ali v Foreman world championship fight in Kinshasa, Zaire 1974 was dubbed '(What?) in the (What?)': Plunder, Stumble, Rumble, Fumble, Jungle, Thunder?
- Name the two famous mutually combative British Liberal and Conservative prime ministers of the late 1800s: Wellington, Peel, Gladstone, Palmerston, Disraeli, Churchill?
- The Anglo-French court term meaning 'this action lies' gave rise to what word which means the essense of a communication/concept?
- Xinhau is China's official state: Anthem; Dance; News agency; or Soup?
- A trug is used to hold/carry things when: Cooking; Gardening; Painting and decorating; or Grooming poodles?
- 150 tonnes of (What?) are used by 20,000 people in a one hour event annually in Bunol, Spain?
- What historic UK county part-comprises East Ridings and West Ridings? Northumberland; Yokshire; Kent; or Cork?
- Monsanto is a globally dominant corporation in the sector of: Pharmaceuticals; Agriculture; Mining; or Taxidermy?
- The Australian wombat marsupial has what unusually adapted feature for burrow-digging: Metal claws; Teflon fur; Backwards-facing pouch; or Light-emitting ears?
- Spell the Saudia Arabian capital city: Riyadh; Ryad; Rhiyad; Ryahd? and it means The: Oil; Gold; Gardens; or Sand?
- The 'Dames Pipi' are traditional Parisien: Plumbers; Tobacconists; Dancers; or Public toilet attendants?
- Smits and Lugs are Viking-originating (still used) painted marks and ear notches for identifying UK: Sheep; Horses; Rabbits; or Chickens?
quizballs 374 - free quiz answers for