quizballs 60 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Question 18 was clarified because there are at least two other rivers in Manchester aside from the answer - thanks D Higgins - 16 Apr 2009. The answer to question 8 was corrected (from Sussex) to West Sussex - thanks T Powell - 6 June 2009. Question 3 was clarified to refer to polygyny rather than polygamy so as not to imply that polygamy is exclusively male - thanks S Mukherjee - 5 Oct 2009.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 60 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which US state is named on the label of a Jack Daniels bottle? Tennessee
- A phlebotomist extracts what from the human body? Blood
- What is the female equivalent of polygyny? Polyandry (a woman with more than one husband - Polygamy refers to male or female)
- How many feet are there in a fathom? Six
- Granadilla is another name for which fruit? Passion-fruit
- Nariyal is the Indian term for which nut? Coconut
- Who was president of Vietnam from 1945-54? Ho Chi Min
- In which county of the UK is Bramber Castle? West Sussex
- What type of animal was inside Sputnik 2 when launched into orbit in 1957? Dog (called Laika - no, sadly she never made it back..)
- Who was the eldest of the Marx Brothers? Chico (real name Leonard Marx)
- What type of creature is a dugite? Snake
- What are the first names of English novelist G K Chesterton? Gilbert Keith (1874-1936)
- In computing what does DMA normally stand for? Direct Memory Access
- Who painted The Water Lily Pool? Claude Monet
- Which vitamin is also known as pantothenic acid? B5
- A couple celebrating their crystal wedding anniversary have been married for how many years? 15 (fifteen)
- The song Luck be a Lady features in which musical? Guys and Dolls
- In the city of Manchester (England) the Irk and Medlock join which river? Irwell
- What type of animal is a Kolinsky? Weasel
- Who wrote the book Catch-22? Joseph Heller
- Kodiak Island is in which US state? Alaska
- In the human body what is the hallux? Big toe
- In which year did Henry VIII become King of England? 1509
- The 1999 film Tea with Mussolini is based on whose autobiography? Franco Zeffirelli
- Port Said is in which North African country? Egypt
- In which year were premium bonds first issued in Britain? 1956
- Who designed the Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover? Peter Blake
- Madame de Pompadour was the mistress of which French King? Louis XV (fifteenth)
- What is the name of Moe's pet cat in the cartoon show The Simpsons? Mr Snookums
- Which country is known as the Pearl of Africa? Uganda (supposedly coined by Winston Churchill..)
quizballs 60 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes