quizballs quiz 25 - questions & answers
free trivia quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Questions 17 ('19992' typo) and 29 (Elizabeth Taylor's surname omitted from question) were corrected on 20 Jul 2007 (thanks Esmond). Question 8 spelling of Woolf corrected on 15 May 2008 (thanks K Riding). Question 22 was corrected from 'autobiography' to 'biography' - thanks Dave aka Rock Me - 31 Mar 2009.
quizballs 25 - free entertainment quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What was the title of Marilyn Monroe's unfinished 1962 film? Something's Got To Give
- Which awards were first presented in 1929? The Oscars
- Who had the fastest selling debut single in UK pop chart history? Will Young (March 2002, double A-side 'Evergreen' and 'Anything is possible', selling more over 400,000 on its day of release and more than a million in a week.)
- On which island was the TV series Bergerac set? Jersey
- Which was the first British sitcom to win the best comedy prize at the Golden Globe awards? The Office (2004)
- Which showman coined the phrase 'The greatest show on earth'? Phineas T Barnum
- In which country was actress Ursula Andress born? Switzerland
- In which British river did novelist Virginia Woolf drown? River Ouse (1941)
- Which guitarist joined the Rolling Stones having played with Rod Stewart and the Faces? Ronnie Wood
- Who is the presenter of UK TV's Deal or No Deal (as at 2006)? Noel Edmonds
- Who did Robert Vaughan and David McCallum play in TV's The Man From UNCLE? Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakian
- In which year were LP records first introduced? 1948
- Which musician was known as Satchmo? Louis Armstrong
- Who wrote the novel on which the Bogart film The African Queen was based? C S Forester
- Which 1980's pop group were named after a 1960 film starring Robert Wagner, Natalie Wood and Pearl Bailey? The Fine Young Cannibals
- Whose orchestral works include Enigma Variations? Edward Elgar
- Who plays the plastic surgeon in the 1992 film Death Becomes Her? Bruce Willis
- Craig Stirling is a character in which cult TV show? The Champions
- Which film was based on an unproduced play called Everybody Comes To Ricks? Casablanca (1942)
- What is the name of the taxi driver played by Robert De Niro in the 1976 film Taxi Driver? Travis Bickle
- Which singer released an album called Drag? k d lang
- Whose biography is entitled Citizen Jane? Jane Fonda
- In which Beatles song are the names Vera, Chuck and Dave? When I'm Sixty-Four
- Lou Todd and Andy Pipkin are characters in which British TV show? Little Britain
- How many 'Mr colours' were there in the 1991 film Reservoir Dogs? Six (White, Orange, Blue, Blonde, Pink, Brown.)
- Which US disc jockey is the subject of the 1996 film Private Parts? Howard Stern
- Which female American country singer died in a plane crash in 1963? Pasty Cline
- In the film The Wizard Of Oz, what does Dorothy have to steal from the Wicked Witch of the West? Her broomstick
- How many films did Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor star in together? Ten
- What are the two cities in the Charles Dickens novel A Tale Of Two Cities? Paris and London
quizballs 25 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
- cliches and expressions and slang words origins
- acronyms and abbreviations with meanings and descriptions
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free material and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© Content Alan and Viv Chapman 2006-9. Quizballs 2004-2014.