Blog entry by Alan Chapman
Anthropocene Quiz 1
Your own life quiz...
This is the first quiz in a series of quizzes about the Anthropocene, and about your own life.
The Anthropocene is a big subject.
A sort of gateway, to whatever we might imagine.
Life, universe, everything.
So below, we are starting with just five questions and answers.
The greatest power of this quiz is the thinking that you do in exploring each answer, and where this takes you, and what emerges for you as you do this.
Each of us is different. Please consider this when sharing this quiz or using it with other people.
Incidentally, I am an optimist. I believe in the miraculous power of human love and hope, and human brilliance beyond imaginings.
It is true that problems cannot be solved with the same thinking that created them. More importantly it is also true that we are capable of invention and cooperation of universal power. Each of us is alone, universally powerful. We think therefore we are. And so together we can do whatever we dream, and infinitely more.
Anthropocene Quiz 1 - Questions only
1. In science, The Anthropocene is a proposed geological: Zone; Period; Epoch; or Era?
2. The Anthropocene is also called the Sixth: Sense; Protocol; Extinction; or Form?
3. Carbon dioxide (CO2) in Earth's atmosphere is now (2019) at the highest level for how many years: 10; 250; 2,000; or 14 million?
4. Which two of these are the only known survivors of dinosaurs: Birds; Crocodilia; Elephantidae; or Armadillos?
5. The Philosopher René Descartes' Latin proposition "Cogito, ergo sum," first published in French as "Je pense, donc je suis," basically translates to mean what?
Each of us is different. We make of life how we explore our inner and outer universe.
As with any subject, find your own truth, by thinking and feeling and sensing what is in your head, your heart and your soul.
You will see, hear, and sense a lot about the Anthropocene, and it will open new possibilities beyond your imagination.
How we think and feel and sense everything, including ourselves, makes life what it is.
Give yourself time and space to think, feel and sense what is in your own head, heart and soul.
Talk to others. Challenge taboos. You will find that many other people want to talk about deep things. Especially life and what it is. By starting a conversation, you enable others to join, and this is how we expand our own thinking, feeling and sensing, understanding that each of us is different, and we each have the right to see ourselves and everything else as we choose.
Find your own truth. Make your own life. Nobody and nothing can prevent you from doing this.
By doing this you will become more fearless, loving, peaceful and powerful than you can possibly imagine, especially if you can teach others this too.
Anthropocene Quiz 1 - Questions and Answers
1. In science, The Anthropocene is a proposed geological: Zone; Period; Epoch; or Era? Epoch (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epoch_(geology))
2. The Anthropocene is also called the Sixth: Sense; Protocol; Extinction; or Form? Extinction (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event)
3. Carbon dioxide (CO2) in Earth's atmosphere is now (2019) at the highest level for how many years: 10; 250; 2,000; or 14 million? 14 million (415 parts per million in 2019) (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere)
4. Which two of these are the only known survivors of dinosaurs: Birds; Crocodilia; Elephantidae; or Armadillos? Birds and Crocodilia (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodilia - also see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephantidae and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillo)
5. The Philosopher René Descartes' Latin proposition "Cogito, ergo sum," first published in French as "Je pense, donc je suis," basically translates to mean what? "I think, therefore I am" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito,_ergo_sum)
I repeat and reiterate:
Each of us is different.
Our truth - what life is - changes as we grow.
We make of life how we explore our inner and outer universe.
Find your own truth. Make space and time to do this. Practise this.
Talk to others, and help others to do this too.
Ask questions. Use books to check online 'facts'. Question.
Be comfortable not knowing. The more we learn, the more we understand that we do not know.
And this is the point. We do not know any universal truth. Nobody does. Nobody can. We find our own truth, and we make of life what we choose.
And nobody and nothing can prevent you from doing this.
Give yourself time and space to do this.
Find your own truth. Make your own life. Help others to do this.
By doing this you will become more fearless, loving, peaceful and powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Thank you. Go easy.
- Body Language
- Business Planning
- Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Customer Service
- Emotional Intelligence
- General Knowledge
- Human Resources
- Ice Breakers
- Learning Styles
- Marketing and Sales
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Performance Management
- Personal Development
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Relationship Building
- Self Awareness
- Study Skills
- Team Building
- Thought Leadership
- Time Management
- Training Needs