quizballs 483 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs .
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 483 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What bathing/spa trademark originates from its 1920s footbath radiated oxygen portmanteau? Radox
- What word prefixes arcade, black, farthing, whistle and pinching to make five new terms? Penny
- What word refers separately to mineral extraction and a hunted creature? Quarry
- Which of the 'four temperaments', secreted by mucous membrane, represents/refers to calmness? Phlegm
- A paradiddle is a technique for what musical instrument? Drum
- The maths symbol for 'therefore' is how many dots arranged as a triangle? Three
- A semiconductor to amplify/switch signals and power is a: Capacitor; Transistor; Diode: or Battery? Transistor
- Human hair with low eumelanin and high pheomelanin is generally: Black; Grey; Blond; or Red? Red
- Which city is generally considered to host the largest carnival: London; New York; Paris; or Rio de Janeiro? Rio de Janeiro
- The cassowary, rhea, and moa are/were (What?) birds: Sea; Flightless; Humming; or Mythical? Flightless
- What's the longest river in Asia? Yangtze
- Which one of these is not a cruciferous vegetable: Brussels sprouts; Bok choy; Cauliflower; or Green beans? Green beans (don't have cross-shaped flowers)
- What does the media corporation name AOL stand for? America Online
- What's the cube root of 512? 8
- Nickel silver, soft solder, and commercial bronze all contain: Gold; Sodium; Zinc; or Sugar? Zinc
- The old expression of surprise 'Gordon Bennett' (euphemism for 'Gor Blimey') is said based on a real American: Footballer; Singer; President; or Publisher? Publisher (1841-1918 - incidentally 'Gor Blimey' is a shortening of the oath 'God blind me')
- What is the Amazonian/Colombian mythical city and emperor named in Spanish 'The Golden One'? El Dorado (less commonly El Hombre Dorado/El Rey Dorado)
- The pith of what wetland sedge plant was an ancient paper and Latin word-root for paper? Papyrus (paper-reed)
- The Greek goddess representing emptiness, which produced dark, night, the underworld and desire is: Void; Vacuum; Chaos; or Zero? Chaos
- What beverage brand was named in the 1940s from 'Pre-Gestee', a digestion aid? PG Tips (tea - also a reference to the high quality tea plant leaf tips)
- Elemental sulfur/sulphur is: Blue; Green; Yellow; or Red? Yellow
- "I am ashamed to tell you to how many figures I carried these computations," wrote Isaac Newton about what 'two-letter' number? Pi (the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, which recurs infinitely, probably..)
- What is a box in a table or spreadsheet for a data entry commonly called? Cell
- Chiasmus is a dramatic literary/spoken device where a phrase is repeated: Louder; Quieter; Inverted; or Translated? Inverted (eg: JF Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country..")
- In mathematics, infinity is actually: Circular; Endless; A negative; or A determined number? Endless
- A quire is a variously interpreted measure of sheet: Metal; Paper; Lightening; or Music? Paper (typically a number of folded sheets used in bookmaking)
quizballs 483 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes