quizballs 481 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 481 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Medieval European 'miracle plays' were based on the lives of: Saints; Animals; Ordinary people; or Plants?
- Baloney, slang for nonsense, is primarily: German beetroot; Bologna pork sausage; Swiss cheese; or Mexican turkey jerky?
- The word bamboo (Dravidian 'bambu') is from the Kannada people in: China; Brazil; India; or Canada?
- The Italian metaphor 'Cavoli Riscaldati' ('reheated cabbage') refers to an unsavable: Cooked meal; Broken-down car; Love affair; or Collapsed government?
- Whose (Mandela quote) tweet became the most liked in history Aug 2017 (3m+) about the US Charlotteville race protests: The Pope; Barack Obama; Donald Trump; or Kim Kardashian?
- First published 1886, Hobson-Jobson is a classic reference dictionary of Anglo-(What?): American; Chinese; Indian; or French?
- The world's first communist state (1917) was: China; Russia; Cuba; or France?
- In 2011 a Bitcoin was worth between $0.30 and $32. Roughly what is a Bitcoin worth in Aug 2017: $0.04; $0.40; $4.00 or $4000.00?
- The South European heatwave of 2017 was named: Lucifer; Beelzebub; Satan; or Old Nick?
- Renault's popular electric supermini car launched 2012 is the: Chloe; Zoe; Joe; or Canoe?
- What is the fourth root of 6561: 7; 9; 19; or 39?
- American Stephen Foster's famous 1948 song 'Oh Susanna' refers to coming from: Arizona; Arkansas; Alabama; or Alaska?
- A sand dollar or sea biscuit informally refers to a: Marine creature; Whirlpool; Oil-drum cap; or Arabian stud horse?
- The artist Giovanni Antonio Canal (Canaletto) is famous for his technically precise paintings of: Venice; Amsterdam; Bruges; or Bangkok?
- What city, Roman name 'Ratae Corieltauvorum', became globally famous due to Italian influence 2015/16, and the burial of a lost King, found in a car park?
- The 1960s cult TV series filmed at Sir Clough Williams-Ellis's famous Italianesque village Portmeirion in N Wales is The: Fugitive; Saint; Prisoner; or Virginian?
- Chile con carne means chile with: Beans; Tomatoes; Meat; or Heat?
- Name the Swiss psychoanalyst and Freud's collaborator whose theory, inc. extraversion vs introversion, underpins Myers-Briggs (MBTI) and other personality testing systems?
- As at 2017, in what decade was the last officially recorded infantry bayonet charge: 1940s; 1960s; 1980s or 2010s?
- How many nanometres, a measurement unit used in microchip technology etc., make one metre: 1 million; 10 million, 100 million; or 1 billion?
- What is a food fish (Osmerus) and metal process: Forge; Smelt; Cast; or Electroplate?
- What scarring infectious disease historically treated with a vaccine from cows was declared eradicated in 1980?
- The Hang Seng Index is the main indicator of stock market performance in: China; Japan; Hong Kong; or Russia?
- Teak is what sort of wood/tree: Hardwood; Softwood; Food; or Ornamental?
- Susan Bennett, Karen Jacobsen, and John Briggs are primary voices of: Toy Story; Siri; BBC News; or Otis lifts?
quizballs 481 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes