quizballs 471 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs .
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 471 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What ancient Indian practice with Hatha and Raja versions has Sanskrit word origins combining union and concentration? Yoga
- The Brazilian Real is the national: Dance; Currency; Parliament; or Dish? Currency
- Greenland and the Faroe Islands are two autonomous constituent countries of: Norway; Denmark; Canada; or USA? Denmark
- The 2017-elected French President's newly and dramatically emerged party is abbreviated to: REM; ABBA; U2; or 10CC? REM (La Republique En Marche - also simply En Marche, or EM)
- The Turkish words 'ask' and 'sevgi' mean: Sun; God; Love; or Milk? Love
- The personal development appraisal method which includes views of co-workers about the worker concerned is popularly called "(How many degrees?) Feedback": 50; 90; 100; or 360? 360
- In 2017 Fraser Corsan achieved what record-breaking speed for a non-mechanized free-falling human, in a wingsuit: 93mph; 119mph; 249mph; or 23,000mph? 249mph
- What traditional amusement forms Wikipedia's spherical logo? Jigsaw
- What London street is a metonym for UK central government administration? Whitehall
- Schroeder and Marcy are among the perpetual children in (What?) famous creation by (Who?) from 1950-2000? (two answers required) Charlie Brown by Charles M Schulz (Schulz is also an acceptable answer)
- A yurt, originating/popular with central Asia nomads from c.600BC is a type of: Tent; Cart; Horse; or Sour cream drink? Tent
- Defoe's Robinson Crusoe and Shakepeare's Romeo and Juliet refer to a (What?) as an 'iron crow': White witch; Prussian general; Red wine cocktail; or Wrecking bar? Wrecking bar (also called a crowbar or jemmy, among other things - its earliest name was an iron crow, because it resembles a crow's foot)
- What US company founded eponymously by a German immigrant in 1853 became famous for its organs, jukeboxes and vending machines? Wurlitzer
- From 1935 to 1986 the Canadian silver dollar featured a: Lion; Eagle; Canoe; or Harp? Canoe
- What remedial word refers to the hardening of resins and cements, and the preserving of meat, etc., by salting or drying etc? Cure (or curing)
- What is the fourth root of 16? 2 (2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 16)
- 'Sayonara' is an Americanized Japanese word for what? Goodbye
- 'Commensurate' means: Early; Proportionate; Opinionated; or Working class? Proportionate
- Italian Maria Montessori (1870-1952) developed her famous eponymous method for (What?) at her La Casa Dei Bambini: Education; Childbirth; Cooking; or Tattooing? Education (based on developing natural ability rather than driven by academic instruction)
- Associated with French philosophical enlightenment 17-18thC, a hosted gathering of people for discussion and learning was/is a: Kitchen; Salon; Studio; or Study? Salon
- Folder paper named after the Philippines city where local hemp was first used to make it is: White; Pink; Buff; or Green? Buff (the paper and city is Manila)
- What Jewellery firm founded 1842 in St Petersburg famous for its eggs was nationalised by the Bolsheviks in 1918? Fabergé (House of Fabergé)
- What is the grammatical term for a short phrase contradiction in terms: Oxymoron; Palindrome; Pilcrow; or Plagiarism? Oxymoron (eg: open secret, sweet sorrow, tough love - see lots more fascinating grammatical curiosities)
- The abbreviation SWOT analysis stands for what? Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats (see SWOT analysis)
- Match these countries to their internet top-level-domains: Switzerland, China, Canada, Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire) - .ci .ca. ch .cn ? Switzerland = .ch , China = .cn , Canada = .ca , Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire) = .ci
quizballs 471 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes