quizballs 470 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 470 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- The farmer in Beatrix Potter's The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies is Mr: McDougall; McGregor; Macdonald; or MacHinery?
- Greek mythology asserts that the first woman on Earth was: Venus; Hera; Eve; or Pandora?
- Which one of these is the more general name within which the other two are types: Sultana; Raisin; Currant?
- Launched 2016/17, Apple Homepod, Amazon Echo, and Google Home mainly provide: Music; Gaming; Education; or Robot baby-sitting and parenting?
- Donald Trump's May 2017 Twitter typo that became a viral conundrum was: Boobebe; Kwififi; Covfefe; or Impeecci?
- The Maris Piper is a popular famous: Light aircraft; Potato; Scottish folk dance; or Plumbing manual?
- Breteche, Machiolation, Murder-holes, Merlons and Hoarding are features of: Golf courses; Medieval castles; Cheese; or Wedding cakes?
- What does the J stand for in the household cleaning 'J-cloth' (now genericized) brand?
- What portmanteau word (for a video diary) is a form of publishing, done by millions of children (e.g., on YouTube), often unknown to teachers and parents?
- Panettone is a popular Italian: Motorcycle; Lake; Bread; or Martial art?
- What creature is a 'fashion' (style) of repeated recitation often used in learning?
- What Latin for beak is a speaking platform, from Ancient Rome's speaker Forum, decorated with the beaks of captured galleys?
- Siddhārtha Gautama is simply and eponymously known as what founding religious teacher?
- The pastry used in eclairs and similar cakes is: Shoo; Shew, Shoe; or Choux?
- What did Willie Walsh reveal as the actual cause of BA's catastrophic IT systems outage, stranding 75,000 passengers and grounding flights at 170 airports over a May holiday weekend 2017: Cyber-attack; Psychic phenomenon; Rats; or Someone pulled the plug out?
- 'Watergate' - the scandal causing US president Nixon's resignation in 1974 - is actually a: Book; Journalist; Building complex; or Legal term for impeachment?
- Tabs, Knobs, Whimsies, and Innies and Outies feature in what table-top amusement?
- Named after its German bacteriologist inventor, what is a flat circular transparent dish used for cultivating micro-organisms?
- What BBC TV children's story show (1965-96) is named from a nursery rhyme, and became Cockney Rhyming slang for 'story', especially alluding to fabrications and lies?
- 'Machine Learning' and 'Decision Trees' are terms in: Dr Who; Star Trek; Landscape gardening; or Artificial Intelligence?
- The time spent by people viewing YouTube videos each day (i.e., in a single day - as at 2017) collectively equates to roughly how many years: Ten; A hundred; A thousand; or 100,000?
- Spraint is the dung of the: Cat; Dog; Otter; or Rabbit?
- Someone who shunts trains in the USA, derived from older English for an inn's groom for horses or innkeeper is a: Rustler; Whistler; Hostler; or Wrestler?
- The Westermarck effect, which opposes Freudian theory, seeks to explain: War; Dreams; Playground games; or Genetic Sexual Attraction?
- What is the modern equivalent of Royal Navy's 1914-18 code: Apples, Butter, Charlie, Duff, Edward, Freddy, George, Harry, Ink, Johnnie, King, London, Monkey, Nuts, Orange, Pudding?
quizballs 470 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes