quizballs 436 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 436 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- What short female word prefixes these to make three new words: Ring; On; Mit?
- The devil is typically characterized as having what sort of foot: Big; Cloven; Club; or Hot?
- The Equator lies at how many degrees latitude: 0; 45; 50; or 90?
- Latin meaning "small pebble for counting", and the study of mathematical change, is: Geometry; Calculus; Algebra; or Logarithm?
- Gorgonzola cheese is named after an: Italian town; Iranian goat; American herb; or Israeli chef?
- The Iliad (ILIAD) and Odyssey are classical Greek epic poems about the Trojan War and aftermath attributed to: The Beowulf Poet; Homer; Dante; or Chaucer?
- Leadville, Montezuma and Alma of Colorado are the (What?) city/towns of USA: Wealthiest; Oldest; Highest; or Coldest?
- Electromagnetic radiation between X-rays and visible light is technically called: Ultraviolet; Infrared; Laser; or Sub-bass?
- What modern entertainment was originally an ancient religious practice: Juggling; Ventriloquism; Sword-swallowing; or Tap dancing?
- What month is in the NATO phonetic alphabet: March; November; July; or April?
- Cyclops is an ancient Greek mythological giant with one: Thumb; Finger; Eye; or Leg?
- What dangerous metalloid chemical element, symbol As, features in the famous 1939/41 play/film "(What?) and Old Lace"?
- A lathe process/effect for putting lined/patterned 'grip' onto cylindrical metal handles is: Whirling; Knurling; Curling; or Gurning?
- The two names (pre/post 1995) of the biggest city of India (early 21stC - two answers required) are: Bombay; Calcutta; Mumbai; Delhi; Hyderabad?
- Milk of Magnesia is a traditional treatment for: Headaches; Indigestion; Sheep; or Bird-flu?
- The children's game based on following instructions/elimination is called "(Who?) Says": Sammy; Simon; Sally; or Susan?
- John Alcock and Arthur Brown made the first non-stop (What?) in 1919: Spinning top; Electric clock; Transatlantic flight; or Machine gun?
- Figs are pollenated by Fig: Flies; Wasps; Beetles; or Frogs?
- The German Pritt company invented and launched in 1969 the first: Duct-tape; Glue-stick; Post-it note; or Stapler?
- What modern 'brand' was originated by Scottish chemist Charles Macintosh (1766-1843): Mach number (velocity measurement unit); Mac (raincoat); Big Mac (burger); Mack truck (heavy vehicles); or Mac computer (Apple Mac)?
quizballs 436 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes