quizballs 416 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 416 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- (Based on the popular 'poundshop' concept) a discount store opened in London's Mayfair, 2016, with everything priced at: £5; £10; £20; or £1000?
- The medical/psychological term OCD stands for what?
- Phlebotomy is the medical term for: Heart surgery; Brain surgery; Vein blood injection/withdrawal; or Draining housemaid's knee?
- What profession historically performed blood-letting: Dentists; Shepherds; Priests; or Barbers?
- Mythological Greek nymphs are spirits of nature imagined as beautiful: Horses; Beetles; Young women; or Old women?
- The prefix 'quasi' means: Hidden; Seemingly; Ugly; or Hunchbacked?
- North America's 'Boeing Apache' is a: Military helicopter; Active volcano; Major baseball team; or Interplanetary Internet?
- By public vote In 2012 Shinzo Abe became Japan's new national: Anthem; Flag; Airline; or Prime Minister?
- Sandbanks in Dorset has the UK's: Biggest fishing fleet; Only killer sharks; Tallest mountain; or Most expensive seaside real estate?
- In 2016 President Justin Trudeau welcomed the introduction of legal euthanasia to his nation: USA; Canada; Australia; or Ireland?
- Strasbourg is in: Switzerland; Belgium; France; or Germany?
- In 2016 where did Winston Churchill replace Elizabeth Fry: Trafalgar Square; Times Newspaper logo; Marmite branding; or £5 note?
- In 2016 Hitler's code-making typewriter was bought by Bletchley Park Museum for how much from what seller (two answers required): £9.50; £9million; The German Government; or Ebay?
- In the original Ebay company logo 1995-2012, which letter was capitalized: E; B; A; or Y?
- The EU is famously based in which two of these cities: Berlin; Brussels; Strasbourg; Amsterdam; or Dublin?
- A pollywog or porwigle in England is more generally known as a: Tadpole; Dalmation dog; Sweatshirt; or iPod?
- A scientific study in 2016 found that serious depression was alleviated by consuming: Coal; Strong cider; Sea water; or Magic mushrooms?
- The globally popular TV franchise/series relaunched by Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc is: Neighbours; Friends; Top Gear; or Fame?
- The virus prompting demands from world health experts to postpone or relocate the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics is called: Mexican Flu; Zika; Ebola; or The Anna Kournikova worm?
- Tom Hiddleston, Jamie Bell, and Idris Elba emerged as leading candidates in 2016 for the role of: Mayor of London; Donald Trump's Presidential running mate; James Bond; Prince Harry's best man?
quizballs 416 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes