quizballs 413 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 413 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Which of these is the only coastal capital city of South America: Santiago; Lima; Brasilia; Buenos Aires?
- The poodle dog/name originated in Germany from association with: Shaving; Water; Circuses; or Dung?
- In Europe which dangerous natural phenomenon exists only in Portugal, Norway, Iceland, Italy and the Canary Islands: Malaria; Volcanoes; Typhoons; or Bears?
- In maths the cube root of an eighth is a: Sixty-fourth; Half; Ninth; or Three-quarters?
- Richard Adams' 1972 anthropomorphic novel Watership Down is about a colony of: Ducks; Kangaroos; Rabbits; or Neanderthals?
- 1960s Thamesmead social housing estate in SE London was the main location for the film: A Clockwork Orange; Thunderball; Batman Returns; or Taxi Driver?
- The Battle of Jutland was the only (What?) battle of the 1st World War: Air; Tank; Naval; or Cavalry?
- Lent (Latin Quadragesima) is traditionally a Christian religious fast of how many days: 12; 21; 40; or 52?
- The expression 'Book him Dano' (urging action/reprimand) originated 1960-80s in: The Rocky Horror Show; Hawaii Five-O; Opportunity Knocks; or The Flintstones?
- In May 2016 the world record for 'planking' (a stress position on toes and forearms) was set at: 45mins; 93mins; 2.5hrs; or 8hrs?
- Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay did what in May 1953: Invented Aspirin; First ascent of Everest; Flew faster than the speed of sound; or Discovered the first oil in USA?
- Baklava, a food in Turkish/Central-West Asian cuisine, is a type of: Salad; Pastry; Stew; or Fish soup?
- What iconic British brand of matches and tobacco smoking materials is the Roman goddess of the hearth/fire?
- Grévy's, Grant's, Chapman's, and the extinct Quagga, are varieties of: Lion; Gorilla; Zebra; or Hippopotamus?
- Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), first identified in willow bark by Hippocrates c.400BC, is better known as what a genericized trademark: Aspirin; Heroin; The (birth control) Pill; or Sugar?
- What Anglicized German word originally from 'harm-joy' refers to pleasure derived from misfortunes of others?
- The Latin word via originally meant: Travel; Road; Map; or Visit?
- Anthropomorphic means: Australian; Prehistoric; Feathered; or Human characteristics given to something non-human?
- The Anglicized Italian portmanteau word chiaroscuro refers to a painting style of: Animals and children; Light and dark; Happy and sad; or Fruit and vegetables?
- Match these South American capitals to their countries: Santiago, Lima, Brasilia, Buenos Aires - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru?
quizballs 413 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes