quizballs 390 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 390 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Hogmanay in Scotland is: Christmas Day; New Year's Eve; A pig roast; or Drink-driving?
- How many cathedrals are in mainland UK (at early 2000s): 5; 11; 42; or 281?
- The highest grossing hand-drawn animated film in history is: Snow White; The Snowman; The Lion King; or How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
- A rivulet is a miniature: Review; Rivet; Stageshow; or Stream/river?
- What snack food and oil crop grows in pods underground and belongs to the bean/pea family: Wotsit; Hula Hoop; Peanut; Popcorn; or Twiglet?
- What instant messaging service was acquired in 2014 for $16bn by Facebook?
- The main character in the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas is: Bob Bones; Captain Finger; Jack Skellington; or Mary Christmas?
- American Linus Pauling, 1954 Nobel Prizewinner, conceived a helical structure fundamental to: Modern sculpture; Shakepearean analysis; Solar study; or DNA?
- What deceptively challenging culinary dish is named from French 'lemele' (knife blade - alluding to shape)?
- Walt Disney drew Mickey Mouse with white gloves fearing audience sensitivity towards: Black hands; Mouse claws; Thumb stumps; or Personal hygiene?
- American Paul Winchell (1922-2005) is famous for which two of these: The voices of Dick Dastardly and Tigger; Being the last official King of Germany; World record non-stop Charleston dancing (15days:16hrs:37mins); Inventor of the first mechanical human heart; Ate a three-berth tent including poles and pegs in 34mins:12seconds?
- What word makes six new words when suffixing: Pig, Leaf, Eye, Out, Book, and Brace?
- The anthemic Liverpool Football Club song You'll Never Walk Alone is originally from: A Cumbrian Christmas carol; An 1800s school playground chant; A Gerry and the Pacemakers' 1960s hit pop song; or The Rodgers & Hammerstein's 1945 musical Carousel?
- What spooky TV series was originally titled 'Too Much', and had a nicknamed character whose fictional 'real name' was Norville Rogers?
- The fictional character Norville Rogers is better known by the nickname: Salem Saberhagen; Shaggy; Count Duckula; or Agent Dana Scully?
- From Latin, casein is the main protein in: Milk/cheese; Fish; Bananas; or Christmas pudding?
- What were Victorian English postmen called because of their uniforms: Peacocks; Robins; Flamingoes; or Blue tits?
- In human childbirth cervical dilation is considered complete at how many centimetres: 6; 10; 15; or 22?
- Numerology refers to what aspect of numbers: Logical; Historical; Mystical; or Shape?
- Put these types of iron in order of most to least tensile strength (ie most brittle last): Cast, Wrought, Pig or Steel?
- The popular geeky children's TV series about an anthropomorphic aardvark whose theme song was sung by Ziggy Marley is: Arthur; Hey Arnold; Winston; or Think you're Aardvark?
- Erlang (after Danish engineer Agner Erlang and/or a portmanteau of 'Ericsson Language') is used for: Computer programming; Signing for deafness; NATO communication/translation; or Bee breeding/analysis?
- Bengal gram, Garbanzo, and Kabuli chana are all better known as what legume: Lentil; Chickpea; Mung bean; or Kidney bean?
- What word prefixes the following to make five new words: Back, Card; Flow, Mere, and Point?
- Which five of these are not original reindeer from the poem 'Twas the night before Christmas': Comet, Venado, Cupid, Crinkle, Dasher, Slasher; Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Geoff, Donner, Blitzen, Bugle?
quizballs 390 - free quiz answers for