quizballs 378 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 378 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Bedrock is the home city of which eponymous 1960s cartoon show/family, the most successful adult TV franchise for three decades prior to The Simpsons? The Flintstones
- 'Ballroom' and 'Latin' definitions determine which one of these is not a Latin dance: Rumba; Samba; Tango; Cha cha cha; or Salsa? Tango (while the tango has Latin origins, stylistically/technically it is a ballroom dance)
- Samphire, variously found by sea and marsh, is a popular culinary fleshy aromatic: Orange; Leaved plant; Oyster; or Naturally occuring cheese? Leaved plant
- A-J on the Fischer-Saller Scale, Bottle, Ash, Strawberry, Platinum, and Golden are varieties of what? Hair, or more specifically Blond/blonde hair (human hair colour/color, for which the Fischer-Saller Scale is a scientific reference)
- From French 'assiette', the Scottish restaurant/kitchen term 'ashet' refers to a: Kettle; Plate; Napkin; or Kitchen fire? Plate (assiette = plate)
- What is the original and alternative Latin title of the Catholic prayer called Hail Mary, also its first line? Ave Maria
- What is a third divided by a half? Two-thirds (The easiest way to divide a fraction by another fraction is to invert the fraction by which the other fraction is divided, and then multiple the tops and bottoms, thus: 1/3 x 2/1 = 2/3)
- The French dish called fricandeau contains (what?) in a stew: Mussels; Veal/Meat; Chickpeas; or Chocolate? Veal/Meat (the term also refers to sliced veal)
- Feugo, Yangin, Brand, and Pozar are Spanish, Turkish, Dutch and Polish for: Earth; Water; Fire; or Air? Fire
- Called brimstone in the Bible, what element is a bright yellow crystalline solid, symbol S? Sulphur/Sulfur
- Which vast technology corporation brand has used (c.1977-modern day) the typefaces Motter Tektura, Garamond, Myriad, Helvetica and San Francisco? Apple
- The highest male voice type in conventional singing terminology is: Countertenor; Tenor; Baritone; or Bass? Countertenor
- Sphenisciformes, whose wings evolved into flippers, are an order of creatures called: Penguins; Seals; Rays; or Sharks? Penguins
- In electronics, what is the basic function of a capacitor in relation to electrical energy: Storing; Shielding; Amplifying; or Converting to light? Storing
- Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska standard and Hawaii-Aleutian standard are the six official USA: Marriage ceremonies; Baseball leagues; Time zones; or Poodle breeds? Time zones
- Which one of these is not typically considered a 'profit lever' in business management: Price; Wastage/Shrinkage; Sales volume; Sales mix; Fixed costs; or Competition? Competition (competition may influence the ways that a business can control its profit levers, but is not a controllable profit lever in itself - all the other items are within direct control of the business)
- Tagine, a North African meat and vegetable stew, originally/also refers (Arabic tajin) to a: Goat; Onion; Frying pan; or Tent? Frying pan
- How many litres equate to the two different measures, a hectolitre and a cubic decimetre (a decimetre is 10cms): 100 and 1; 1,000 and 10; 10,000 and 100; or 1 million and 1,000? 100 and 1 (a hectolitre is 100 litres, and a cubic decimetre is 1 litre)
- Film musical interpretations of Romeo and Juliet and the memoir of Baroness von Trapp shared what lead character name? Maria (in West Side Story and The Sound of Music)
- Name the eight US states beginning with M? Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
quizballs 378 - free quiz questions only for