quizballs 378 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 378 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Bedrock is the home city of which eponymous 1960s cartoon show/family, the most successful adult TV franchise for three decades prior to The Simpsons?
- 'Ballroom' and 'Latin' definitions determine which one of these is not a Latin dance: Rumba; Samba; Tango; Cha cha cha; or Salsa?
- Samphire, variously found by sea and marsh, is a popular culinary fleshy aromatic: Orange; Leaved plant; Oyster; or Naturally occuring cheese?
- A-J on the Fischer-Saller Scale, Bottle, Ash, Strawberry, Platinum, and Golden are varieties of what?
- From French 'assiette', the Scottish restaurant/kitchen term 'ashet' refers to a: Kettle; Plate; Napkin; or Kitchen fire?
- What is the original and alternative Latin title of the Catholic prayer called Hail Mary, also its first line?
- What is a third divided by a half?
- The French dish called fricandeau contains (what?) in a stew: Mussels; Veal/Meat; Chickpeas; or Chocolate?
- Feugo, Yangin, Brand, and Pozar are Spanish, Turkish, Dutch and Polish for: Earth; Water; Fire; or Air?
- Called brimstone in the Bible, what element is a bright yellow crystalline solid, symbol S?
- Which vast technology corporation brand has used (c.1977-modern day) the typefaces Motter Tektura, Garamond, Myriad, Helvetica and San Francisco?
- The highest male voice type in conventional singing terminology is: Countertenor; Tenor; Baritone; or Bass?
- Sphenisciformes, whose wings evolved into flippers, are an order of creatures called: Penguins; Seals; Rays; or Sharks?
- In electronics, what is the basic function of a capacitor in relation to electrical energy: Storing; Shielding; Amplifying; or Converting to light?
- Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska standard and Hawaii-Aleutian standard are the six official USA: Marriage ceremonies; Baseball leagues; Time zones; or Poodle breeds?
- Which one of these is not typically considered a 'profit lever' in business management: Price; Wastage/Shrinkage; Sales volume; Sales mix; Fixed costs; or Competition?
- Tagine, a North African meat and vegetable stew, originally/also refers (Arabic tajin) to a: Goat; Onion; Frying pan; or Tent?
- How many litres equate to the two different measures, a hectolitre and a cubic decimetre (a decimetre is 10cms): 100 and 1; 1,000 and 10; 10,000 and 100; or 1 million and 1,000?
- Film musical interpretations of Romeo and Juliet and the memoir of Baroness von Trapp shared what lead character name?
- Name the eight US states beginning with M?
quizballs 378 - free quiz answers for