quizballs 373 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 373 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What colour/color is produced by mixing equal amounts of red and green paint: Blue; Yellow; Brown; or Pink? Brown
- In Germany a gessellschaft is a: Coalmine; Helicopter; Company; or Idiot? Company (or society or association)
- The Elvis Presley song Hound Dog was originally written about a: Dog; Cat; Girlfriend; or Gigolo? Gigolo (originally a hit song written in 1952 for the imposing blues singer 'Big Mama' Thornton by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller)
- In August 2015 Hamas claimed to have intercepted an Israeli (What?) equipped for spying and armed attack: Solar-powered drone; Hot-dog stall; Cheerleader dance-group; or Dolphin? Dolphin
- The Sandals corporation headquartered in Montego Bay is famous in the industry of: Fishing; Shipping; Holiday resorts; or Footwear? Holiday resorts (notably Jamaica and the Caribbean)
- Which modern nation was home to the Aztec people, notably 14-16th centuries: Mexico; Peru; Spain; or China? Mexico
- The comic book franchise behind Spiderman, Hulk, X-Men, and Fantastic Four is: Marvel; DC Comics; Action Comics; or The Beano? Marvel
- The iconic protected scientifically studied Zimbabwean lion killed by a US recreational hunter in 2015 was: Leo; Aslan; Cecil; or Walter? Cecil
- London's 'pedicabs', which came under new regulatory controls in 2015, are: Horse-drawn carriages; Cycle-rickshaw taxis; Street chiropodists/podiactrics; or Pigeons? Cycle-rickshaws
- A 2015 study by China's Dalian University found that owls fly silently because their feathers convert a biproduct of mechanical energy into (What?) instead of noise: Light; Heat; Radioactivity; or Sugar? Heat
- The slogan of the controversial infidelity dating website Ashley Madison, whose users' personal details were hacked and published in 2015 is: "Life is short - Have an affair"; "Broken Hearts R Us"; "Do it - Your Partner does"; or "Your Privacy is our Business" ? "Life is short - Have an affair"
- The extreme sport of 'BASE jumping' is named acronymically from which four of these: Building, Bungee, Antenna, Acrobatics, Span, Self, Earth, Edge? Building, Antenna, Span, Earth (with parachute/wingsuit - Span represents bridges; Earth represents cliffs)
- The ancient Silk Road caravan/trade route connected which two of these regions: Central China, Southern Africa, Eastern Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Western Sahara? Central China and Eastern Mediterranean
- Renaissance is an Anglicized-French word meaning: High quality; Rebirth/revival; Old-fashioned; or Lots of gold decoration? Rebirth/revival
- What is a quarter multiplied by a quarter? A sixteenth (or 0.0625 - The calculation is 1/4 x 1/4 = 1/16, or 0.25 x 0.25 = 0.0625)
- The element Silcon is vaguely yet generally categorized as: Gas; Metal; Non-metal/metalloid; or Rubber? Non-metal/metalloid (either or both - it is definitely not a metal or gas)
- The American Mastodon is an ancient long-extinct relative of the: Horse; Tiger; Elephant; or Badger? Elephant
- Ilya (pronounced 'eelya') Kuryakin is a: Russian weightlifter; Raspberry meringue souffle; Comet; or Man from UNCLE? Man from UNCLE
- The Cantonese/Chinese dish 'foo yong' (also 'fu young') is similar to: Fish and chips; Omelette; Jacket potato; or Beans on toast? Omelette
- The Hundred Years War (inappropriately c.1337-1453) was between which two of these: Spain, England, China, France, Japan? England and France
quizballs 373 - free quiz questions only for