quizballs 371 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 371 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Mandrax is a 1963 French-originating trademark for a: Computer war game; Sedative drug; Soup restaurant chain; or Dog perfume?
- A mythical Arctic whirlpool west of Norway, came to be what Anglicized Dutch word, meaning a violent water whirl or metaphorically extreme turmoil?
- Traditional Latin pluralization of Latin-originating words ending in 'us' is to replace the 'us' with: en; i; o; or eaux?
- What item of furniture is used metaphorically as a verb for postponing a project?
- Utilitarian and utilitarianism refer primarily to the major quality/effect of something being: Useful; Inexpensive; Flexible; or Designed by robots?
- What is the cube root of an eighth?
- The 1920s-originating US expression, hootenanny, is traditionally a gathering of people for: Folk music; Eating; Gambling; or Interior decorating?
- The Ancient British/Gaelic words Loch, Lough, Logh and Llwch all refer to a: Lake; Dam; Canal Lock (riser); or Latrine?
- In 2015 the world speed record for (What?) was broken in 6.88 seconds by Australian Feliks Zemdegs: NY Times Crossword; Solving a Rubik's Cube; Eating a whole full-size chicken; or Descending from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the ground?
- Apple Inc's 'digital wallet' virtual banking service is called Apple: iBuck; iDoll; Pay; or Pig?
- The founder of Wikipedia is Graham India; Jimmy Wales; Mario Brazil; or Nigel Nigeria?
- Utrecht is a province and provincial capital city in central: Netherlands; Belgium; Germany; or Scotland?
- What communication aid also refers metaphorically to the limits of a concept or set of protocols?
- What is the historically Moorish Spanish capital of Andalusia, famous for oranges and flamenco?
- Tom Parker, who famously managed Elvis Presley, was known by the title of, and as 'the..': Chief; Colonel; General; Brigadier?
- The phrase: 'Badly finished garments are unseemly' contains a: Pun; Simile; Metaphor; or Spelling mistake?
- What chemical element, symbol Cr, is named due its colourful/colorful compound effect?
- What 1956 alliterative and genericized trademark mysteriously refers to an indelible 'felt-tip' pen?
- The Anglicized French word séance, referring to contacting the spirit world, derives from the notion of: Ghosts; Sitting; Speaking; or Screaming?
- The technical term 'lean-burn' originally refers to less polluting versions of what energy technology: Internal combustion engine; Nuclear reactor; Coal-fired power station; or Windmill?
quizballs 371 - free quiz answers for