quizballs 363 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 363 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- By adding one letter to a word meaning 'compose', what word is produced which means 'squirm'? Writhe
- Hitsville, in Detroit, is the original recording studio of which famous record label? Motown
- What recreational apparatus might be seen as present and past? (The clue is in the question) See-saw
- Which technology corporation launched major music streaming services including Beats1 radio in 2015? Apple
- How many one-centimetre-diameter spherical marbles can fit at most into a cube space one metre high: 10,000; 100,000; 1,000,000; or 1,401,611? (No marbles may extend above the height of the cube) 1,401,611 (if the marbles are 'square-stacked' or 'lattice-stacked' in 100x100 layers then the answer is 1,000,000, however using an overlapping layout, rather like stacked oranges in a shop, better use of space is enabled; for more explanation explore 'sphere-packing' theory)
- On which Mediterranean island is the famous nightlife holiday resort of Magaluf? Majorca (or Mallorca in Spanish)
- What are metal rope-fixings on a boat and cyclist's shoes? Cleats
- The 1974 book Helter Skelter, co-written by lawyer Vincent Bugliosi, recounts whose famous crime: Ronnie Biggs; Charles Manson; Al Capone; Dr Crippen? Charles Manson (Bugliosi was the prosector in the 1970 trial of Manson and his followers, whose murderous race war ideology was named after the Beatles' Helter Skelter song - at 2015 Helter Skelter is the biggest selling true crime book)
- Anna Wintour is globally famous in: Women's soccer; Fashion; Base-jumping; or Competitive pie-eating? Fashion (longstanding Editor of American Vogue)
- The global corporation Merlin, subject of disaster/safety investigations in 2015, operates in the sector of: Aviation; Attractions and theme parks; Magic and clairvoyance; or Ocean cruising? Attractions and theme parks (Merlin Entertainments owns attractions around the world including Alton Towers, where its Smiler rollercoaster injured visitors June 2015)
- How many times does the second-hand of an clockwork clock 'tick' (move) while the hour-hand completes one full rotation? 43,200 (12 hrs x 60 mins x 60 second 'ticks')
- Since the mid 1900s the world's biggest trade fair for toys and games is hosted annual in: Los Angeles; Moscow; Nuremberg; or Tehran? Nuremberg (or Nürnberg, Germany)
- Fifa's award of World Cup hosting, 2018 and 2022, to which two nations, was subject to criminal investigation in 2015? Russia and Qatar (respectively)
- What is the correct pattern of Microsoft's four-colour/color square matrix logo introduced 2012, starting top-left, clockwise: Blue Red Yellow Green? Red Green Yellow Blue
- Which nation, international calling code +90, has a currency divided into 100 kuruş? Turkey (currency is Lira)
- All the gold ever mined in global history equates to a cube how high: 20metres; 50metres; 100metres; or 1 kilometre? 20metres
- The acronum BAME refers to what in matters of discrimination/equal opportunities? Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic
- Which king signed the Magna Carta and died in Newark having lost his treasure in the salt marshes of eastern England? John
- What activity would you find at Philippe Chatrier, Roland Garros: Surfing; Mountaineering; Tennis; or Rocket-launching? Tennis (it's the main court of the French open championships - named after Philippe Chatrier, French player and past longstanding French and International Tennis Federation President)
- The sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey, 'stolen' before its release in 2015, is titled: Fifty; Shades; Grey; or Fifty-one? Grey
quizballs 363 - free quiz questions only for