quizballs 357 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 357 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Thomas Hardy's famous novel is 'Far from the Madding (What?)': World; Streets; Crowd; or Flashmob? Crowd
- Established in 1915 the military acronym ANZAC stands for what? Australian and New Zealand Army Corps
- New York housewife Jean Nidetch (1923-2015) founded which global organization, sold to Heinz in 1978 for $71m? Weight Watchers
- Which famous employee-owned UK retailer's slogan is 'Never Knowingly Undersold'? John Lewis (fully John Lewis Partnership)
- What were confirmed in 2015 to hinder certain functions of the Apple Watch: Clouds; Tattoos; Cats; or Onions? Tattoos (where tattoos block access to skin via watch-back, for measurement of wearer's body condition such as heart rate)
- What controversial politician sought to sell AC Milan in 2015 to finance his quest for rehabiliation and power? Silvio Berlusconi
- Which vehicle tyre/tire corporation sold Citroen to Peugeot in 1976? Michelin
- What's the capital and the second most populous city in the United Arab Emirates? Abu Dhabi (at 2015)
- Which famous political brother became president of the International Rescue Committee in 2013? David Miliband (the IRC was founded in 1933 at the suggestion of Albert Einstein - it is a global humanitarian assistance organization especially for refugees of war and disaster - Ed Miliband defeated David Miliband in the UK Labour Party leadership election in 2010)
- What is note is produced at the 10th fret for both the highest and lowest pitch strings on a conventionally-tuned standard guitar? D
- The American pika, closely related to rabbits and hares, is commonly called a: Coney; Hamster; Guinea Pig; or Raccoon? Coney
- At 2015 what is the penalty for failing to pay the toll at the privately owned Dartford Crossing tunnel/bridge over SE England River Thames: £10; £15; £22; or £105? £105 (the fine increases from £35, to £70, to £105 with progressively later payment - the standard one-way crossing fee for a car at 2015 is £2.50 - there is now no way to pay at the crossing itself - users must pay online - at 2015 traffic is c.130,000 vehicles per day - no British politician of any persusion seems ever to have have questioned the morality of this threat/risk to many elderly and overseas drivers, or people with inexperience or impairment.)
- What's Peppa Pig's teddy bear called? Teddy
- Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao famously oppose/opposed each other in: The US Senate; Boxing; American Idol; or Cookery Books, sauces and kitchenware? Boxing
- A 2015 Swedish study of men living to 100 years suggested which three of these as major tips for long life: Not Smoking; A Daily Glass of Wine; Low Cholesterol; Less than Four Coffees a Day; or Plenty of TV soaps and online social media? Not Smoking; Low Cholesterol; Less than Four Coffees a Day
- The Hyundai car company is (at 2015) founded and based in: China; South Korea; Japan; or Russia? South Korea
- As at 2015 the Vatican permits which of these for the world's c.1bn Catholic people: Artificial Contraception; Same Sex Marriage; Female ordained Priests/Cardinals; or None of these? None of these
- The Leffe beer company was founded and is headquartered in: Belgium; Germany; France; or Russia? Belgium (at 2015)
- In January 2015 economist Yanis Varoufakis became a leading debt-restructuring negotiator for: Greece; Ukraine; Manchester United FC; or Tesco? Greece
- What is the square root of a quarter (or 0.25)?: A half (or 0.5)
quizballs 357 - free quiz questions only for