quizballs 347 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 347 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What common product is named from Greek 'rock oil'? Petroleum (from petra, rock and oleum, oil)
- What tennis score is called a 'triple-bagel'? 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
- Which common element has the highest melting point of all elements? Carbon
- Name the joint US/Europe orbiting telescope launched in 1990? Hubble
- Name the dwarf plant, bigger than Pluto, discovered in the Solar System in 2005? Eris
- The colour/color dun is a shade of: Pink; Green; Brown; or Purple? Brown (grey/gray-brown)
- Which famous vehicle has used licence plates SCV 00919 and SCV 1 (through to SCV 9)? The Popemobile (SCV is the international vehicle registration for Vatican City)
- Oleic acid is in: Volcanic ash/steam; Car Batteries; Animal/vegetable fats; or Snow? Animal/vegetable fats (oleic refers to olive oil, its common source)
- Pure water is what number in the pH acidity scale? 7
- The Gini coefficient (or index or ratio), devised by Italian statistician and sociologist Corrado Gini in 1912, is a common measure of: Age distribution; Wealth inequality; Mental health; or Alcohol consumption? Wealth inequality
- Flint, the rock type, is believed formed from sea (What?): Sponges; Snails; Weed; or Salt? Sponges
- What fundamental physics term derives from Greek 'not cut' (a temnein)? Atom
- Since ancient times what was considered the 'fifth element' after earth, fire, water, air, and also called quintessence? Aether (or ether - believed in mythology to be the high atmosphere pure air that the gods breathed, and in more recent times the air of space which enabled gravity and light)
- Geococcyx, a ground cuckoo of southern US and Mexico, is the basis of which popular cartoon, its common name? Roadrunner
- In physics/maths, density is defined as mass divided by: Volume; Weight; Energy; or Hardness? Volume
- John Ambrose (Who?) devised his eponymous 'left/right hand rules' to deduce motion/current direction in electric motors/generators? Fleming (visual mnemonics based on positions of thumb and first two fingers)
- In mechanical physics, which of these is not among the six basic types of machines: Lever, Wheel-and-axle, Pulley, Vacuum, Inclined plane, Wedge, Screw? Vacuum
- Pernio (or perniosis), a human medical condition caused by exposure to cold and humidity, is commonly known as what? Chilblains
- What marketing term derives from the centuries-old practice of burning an owner's mark on a beast? Brand
- The UK Women's Institutes (WI) organization was founded in 1915 in: London; Manchester; Oxford; or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (Angelsey, Wales, the second-longest one-word placename in the world)
quizballs 347 - free general knowledge quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes