quizballs 339 - (mostly christmas) general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 339 - free (mostly christmas) general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The long 'lost' 1927 Walt Disney animated Christmas film, found in a Norwegian archive in 2014 is called Empty: Nest; Pudding; Socks; or Heads? Socks
- A Weihnachtsbaum or Tannenbaum in Germany is a Christmas: Carol; Pudding; Tree; or Party? Tree
- The big-selling country and western hit song, notably by Elvis Presley in 1957, is '(What?) Christmas'? Blue
- A square grid of square cells, with five cells in each of its longest diagonals, contains how many cells in total? 25
- What's the only major traditional British pantomime based on a real life person? Dick Whittington (fully, Dick Whittington and His Cat, based on the London merchant and Lord Mayor Richard Whittington c.1354-1423)
- The Geminids of December are a: Christmas house-plant; Seasonal flu variety; Meteor shower; or Region of the brain? Meteor shower
- Latin 'Aurum' refers to which precious commodity? Gold
- Salvia is the genus name for what vast and useful plant family, associated with wisdom? Sage
- In Austria and Germany an Eierpunsch is a: New Year holiday; Santa's helper; Egg drink; or Slap to the side of the head? Egg drink (like egg nog)
- What sort of song takes its name from old French for a circle dance? Carol (from carole)
- Anser is the genus name for which family of creatures whose fat is traditional in cooking? Goose
- The notable drinks brands/makers Warninks, De Kuyper and Bols all originated in what country? Netherlands (Holland)
- In the Christian calendar the 1st of January is traditionally a feast celebrating Christ's what? Circumcision
- According to biblical tradition the three 'magi' (wise men or kings) came from the: North; South; East; or West? East
- The equatorial Republic of Kiribati's 'Kiritimati' (Christmas) Island, among the first land to see each new day/year, is in which ocean? Pacific
- What is an interface, a side, a logistics facility, and a geographically protected drink name? Port
- What's the traditional name for a cockerel or rooster that's been castrated, to improve the quality of its meat? Capon
- Name Tchaikovsky's famous ballet which begins on Christmas Eve? The Nutcracker
- What creature is Equus africanus asinus? Donkey (or ass)
- The 'Last Adam' is an alternative name for whom or what? Jesus Christ
quizballs 339 - free (mostly christmas) quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes