quizballs 317 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 317 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What communal cooking method/equipment derives from French 'melted'?
- Google's experimental self-driving car of the mid-2010s is called: Drive; Jamjar; Broom; or Chauffeur?
- The Ebola disease is named after an African: River; Doctor; Monkey; or City?
- A mattock (alternatively called a dibber in some countries) is used mainly for: Fishing; Digging; Knitting; or Plumbing?
- Spell the German leader's name, Angela: Merchal; Merchel; Merkel; or Markel?
- A negotiating offer that is available for discussion is said to be 'On the (What?)': Cards; Table; Floor; or Level?
- The adjacent African nations Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, and Benin have coastlines facing: North; South; East; or West?
- Turkey's 2014 leadership election was marked by women posting pictures on social media of themselves doing (what?) after the deputy Prime Minister reportedly suggested they should not publicly: Run; Laugh; Sunbathe; or Eat?
- Santander Bank refused to accept 'Circus Uncertainty' as a UK business customer on moral grounds due to use of: Gerbils; Explosives; Magic; or Burlesque costumes?
- As at the mid-2010s, which creature reportedly numbered over 5,000 in private USA ownership, compared to about 3,000 surviving in the world elsewhere?
- Traditional 'western' breadmaking generally requires flour defined as: Strong; Weak; Light or Heavy?
- The residual presence of (what?) gives brown sugar its colour/color?
- Likud, Yesh Atid, and Shas are political parties of which country?
- Name the precious spice and small bulb flower associated by etymology and extraction (two answers required)?
- The UK government was criticized in 2014 for promoting the euphemistic term 'Mitochondrial transfer' to avoid controversy about genetic modification of: Cereals; Milk yield; Dangerous dog breeds; or Human babies?
- What creature was used as the US Dodge automotive logo in the 1930s-50s, and again 1970s-2000s?
- What technical term refers to documents/money held by a third party while agreement/conditions are fulfilled between two others?
- Bright, Burley, and Oriental are leaves used for what?
- 'Lager' beer is named from German meaning: Light; Strong; Storehouse; or Peasant?
- The faux Latin expression 'Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantur' equates to which crude ironic alliterative English maxim?
quizballs 317 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes