quizballs 300 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 300 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the square root of a quarter?
- The famous 'Tu-whit; Tu-whoo' call of the Eurasian Tawny/Brown Owl of is made by: Males only; Females only; Both; or Female (Tu-whit) then Male (Tu-Whoo)?
- Which world cup winner became father to the 16th in line to the British throne in Jan 2014?
- What big-grossing 2007 film, styled like its 1990s comic book series, having a sequel 'Rise of an Empire', fictionalized the Battle of Thermopylae in the Persian Wars?
- What did Cambridge City Council ban from its street signs in 2014, and subsequently reinstate after mockery/protest: Pointing fingers; Abbreviations; Apostrophes; or 'Oxford'?
- What word meaning 'across' prefixes the following to make six new words: mission, parent, script, late, fix and fuse?
- At 2014 how many years ago was the year MDCCXIV?
- According to a 2014 Time Magazine report what 'fingered' chocolate confectionery bar became the first to be sold in every market of the world?
- The silk thread of a silkworm cocoon can be up to how many meteres long: 9; 90; 900; or 9,000?
- The Weber and Tesla (standard international) measurement units apply to: Magnetism; Sound; Rigidity; or Sweetness?
- What is the maximum 'perfect' score in ten-pin bowling by rolling 'strikes' in all ten frames?
- What alliterative and reduplicative term for cheap ornaments, as in rummage sales and charity shops, is from old French meaning 'at random'?
- Yuma in Arizona is considered the world's most (what?) place: Humid; Hot; Dry; or Sunny? Sunny?
- The typical maximum permissable velocity of a paintball pellet is how many feet per second: 50; 300; 1,000; or 3,000?
- What colour/color prefixes the following in the names of five what? (two answers required, the colour/color and the creature): bill, hammer, legs, throat, and head?
- Xmas as an alternative to Christmas derives from: Atheism/secularization; Greek X meaning Christ; X meaning love/kiss; or Typographical error in early bibles?
- Which real music-related town has according to legend hosted King Arthur and Guinevere in death, Lancelot in penance, the Holy Grail in hiding?
- What is the the sum of ten consecutive prime numbers starting with 13?
- The prefix tacho specifically refers to: Speed; Time; Weight; or Light?
- Yahrzeit is a (what?) in Jewish culture: Minced meat; Ball-game played with the knees; Wet summer; or Anniversay?
- Which city's airport became the busiest for international passengers in 2014, overtaking London's Heathrow: Amsterdam; Frankfurt; Dubai; or Atlanta?
- What 'oronymic' word is a killing and also male mirth?
- Which of these football games has the longest maximum pitch dimensions: American, Rugby Union, Association (Soccer), or Australian?
- Meaning diligence, spell: Concientousness; Concientiousness; Concienciousness; or Conscientiousness?
- What religion is represented by the 'Om' symbol (ॐ and bigger below)?
quizballs 300 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes