quizballs 285 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 285 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What global brand was founded by Baron Marcel Bich in Clichy France, 1945, whose first and enduring product is Cristal?
- Which religious belief concept was developed by American writer L Ron Hubbard (1911–1986)?
- Which city is traditionally credited with developing and popularizing stollen cake, beginning in the 1400s: Dresden; Milan; London; or Paris?
- Petite Syrah, a cafe in Nice, France, made the news in 2013 after publicizing widely varying coffee prices according to customers': Weight; Ability to pay; Politeness; or Religion?
- According to several definitions, Mawsynram village in Meghalaya state, NE India, experiences what most extreme earthly characteristic: Rainfall; Humidity; Tremors; or Sunshine?
- RIA Novosti was dissolved and replaced by Rossiya Segodnya as the main state news agency in which country in 2013?
- The Spanish word 'ciudad' means: Bar/Restaurant; City/Town; Road/Street; or House/Ranch?
- Name the manufacturer of F1 champion Sebastian Vettel's helmet, sold for a world record £72,000 in a 2013 charity auction?
- A 35-year study by Cardiff University found in 2013 that dementia risk was influenced most by: Tobacco; Alcohol; Obesity; Diet; or Exercise?
- A Christmas card that Tesco was forced to withdraw from sale in 2009 made a joke about Santa Claus loving: Cannabis; Men; Reindeer; or Ginger children?
- A Belgian bun usually features icing and: Sultanas & Cherry; Rhubarb & Honey; Figs & Dates; or Pineapple & Rum?
- Which corporation launched the Surface Pro 2 laptop/tablet hybrid in 2013?
- The term 'flapper' refers to a socially and fashionably brash female/style in which period? 1910s; 1920s; 1930s; 1940s?
- Kraamzorg is a popular Dutch: Cheese; Bicycle; Drinking game; or Postnatal care system?
- 'Tibetan silver' jewellery/jewelry commonly sold in western markets and online is typically what percentage pure silver: 0-2%; 15-40%; 60-80%'; or 90-100%?
- Which regional format number identifies DVDs specific to the US and Canada: 1; 2; 3; or 4?
- Where was the hottest ever (as at 2013) natural earth surface temperature of 56.7C recorded in 1913: Death Valley, USA; Basra, Iraq; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; or Alice Springs, Australia?
- The 1967 novel 'The Starlight Barking' by Dorothy 'Dodie' Smith is the sequel to which, her most famous, book?
- Spell the Chinese currency: Renminbi; Remnimbi; Renmimbi; or Remninbi?
- What does the Latin abbreviation 'i.e.' (meaning 'that is..') stand for in full?
quizballs 285 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes