quizballs 237 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 237 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In early 2013 where was a cat favourite/favorite to replace the shoe or the wheelbarrow?
- What model number Boeing plane is called the Dreamliner (after being renamed in 2005)?
- Frettabladid is (early 2000s) the leading newspaper of which island nation?
- ENSA referred to what type of support (bonus point, name the organization?) for British armed forces during the 2nd World War?
- From the Greek words for inside and look at, what is the medical instrument which enables examination via a narrow tube inserted into the body?
- Name the Utah USA salt flats famous for land-speed records and a Triumph motorbike model?
- Which two of these are not among the six flavours/flavors of the elementary quark particle: up, down, strange, queer, charm, chance, bottom, top?
- Name the notable 20thC US poet and short story author who wrote the stirring epigrammatic poem 'Late Fragment'?
- Spell: Pestillance; Pestilence; Pestillence; or Pestilance?
- Daniel Hooper, a famous British protestor, is better known by what nickname, earned during his (literally) underground resistance to the Newbury bypass in 1996? Muddy; Boggy; Swampy; or Dirty?
- Operation Serval refers to France's military intervention in which former colony's civil war?
- What is a serval: Cat; Dog; Monkey; or Snake?
- In 2013, 29% of what meat was found in Tesco's value beefburgers: Goat; Wild boar; Dog; or Horse?
- ECHR refers to which internationally significant legal institution?
- An adult oyster can filter (up to) what volume of water per day: Two pints; Ten pints; Ten litres; or Fifty gallons?
- White chocolate consists of sugar, milk solids, salt, and specifically what other main ingredient?
- How many countries border the Sargasso Sea: None; One; Two; or Three?
- Name the form of carbon considered (early 2000s) the strongest material ever, which having a thickness of one atom has just two dimensions?
- Eddy, vortex and gyre refer to what specific characteristic of fluid flow: Dangerous, Random; Rotating; or Sucking?
- What word referring to an organizational disaster derives from Venetian glass-blowing?
quizballs 237 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2014.