This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 178 - christmas themed general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free xmas themed general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 178 - free christmas themed general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Pleased proud puppet?
- Gum Olibanum, from the tree Boswellia sacra?
- Dickensian metaphor, mean with money?
- White marking on horse's lower leg?
- ... may be willing, but flesh weak?
- 9, 18, 22, 79 are significant?
- Powdered wool or cloth in certain wallpapers?
- Malaikah in the Qur'an, and Mal'akh in the Hebrew Bible?
- Widely used title of high authority, in English was orginally 'hlafweard', meaning bread-keeper?
- Pre-1948 widely used unit of luminous intensity?
- Alternative name for the plant Sweet Cicely, from its Latin name?
- Very old 'logging' term, cognate with Old Norse jol?
- Arabian and Bactrian varieties? (Bonus point: The ancient powerful Indo-Greek kingdom Bactria, c.200-400BC, equates to the northern part of which present-day nation?)
- Dwarf heather vaccinium yielding acid fruit?
- A side in a contract or dispute?
- Originally, in English, a student residence, preserved in Gray's and Lincoln's?
- Conducted mission of preaching and healing, with reported miracles, in Palestine, c.28-30AD?
- Genus ilex?
- ...thought, an old term for a wishbone?
- Marketing/technology term for the busiest day each year for online shopping?
- Seminal place, House of Flesh in Arabic, House of Bread in Hebrew?
- ... Anise, used for aniseed flavouring typically in Asian cooking?
- From Latin, 'a spark', showy?
- Originally Old English 'haligdaeg', meaning 'holy day'?
- Trumpet end?
- Beast of burden, Equus asinus?
- Pre-digital video or TV screen 'noise' due to no/poor signal?
- Verb tense neither future nor past?
- Milk/cream, sugar, beaten eggs, and liquor drink?
- Name given to Christ when prophesied by Isaiah?
quizballs 178 - free xmas quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
And more Christmas quizzes: