This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 157 - environmental knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free environmental knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for environmental and sustainability training, group learning, pub quizzes, and team games
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
quizballs 157 - free environmental knowledge questions for sustainability and environmental learning, trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- According to a global study of wind power in 2005 what extent of the world's total energy usage could be satisfied if all viable wind power locations were exploited: 1%; 10%; 75%; or Five times?
- What word, derived loosely from 'two oxygens', refers to a highly toxic group of pollutant chemicals produced typically as by-products from manufacturing processes?
- A photovoltaic module is more commonly known as what?
- Sulphur/sulfur dioxide and (various) nitrogen oxides are the main contributory factors in what unhelpful environmental effect: Acid rain; Landfill run-off; Global warming; or Pesticides?
- What structural modification of oxygen is an air pollutant in the lower atmosphere but beneficial in the upper atmosphere?
- Used in various environmental terminology referring to organic life, what prefix derives from the original Greek meaning 'the course of human life'?
- What is the climate change agreement aimed at stabilizing greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere, named after the Japanese city in which participating nations agreed its framework in 1997?
- Photopollution is a technical alternative word for what sort of pollution?
- In excess of how many gallons of water are lost each day in the USA to leaks, equating to 14% of all 'withdrawals': Six million, Sixty million, Six hundred million; or Six billion?
- The UN Stockholm Convention signed in 2001 seeks to limit the production and use of what, abbreviated to POPs?
- What colourless/colorless, odourless/odorless, poisonous polluting gas is chiefly emitted by small engines typically used in lawn-mowers and chainsaws, etc?
- What highly toxic element was traditionally used in thermometers, posing a substantial safety and disposal risk?
- The 1987 Montreal Protocol concerns specifically, and includes in its full title, substances that deplete what?
- Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and sulphur/sulfur hexafluoride are widely referred to by what collective metaphorical term?
- From the Greek root words for 'house' and 'study of' what term refers to the scientific study of the relationship between living things, and their natural environment?
- An 'R number' identifies what sort of substance having potentially significant impact on global warming when used in heating/cooling applications?
- If electricity costs say 5p (or 5 cents) per kilowatt/hour, how much does a conventional 100W light bulb cost to run in a year if it is left on permanently?
- The DuPont trade name Freon has become an alternative name for which abbreviated compound name strongly associated with global warming?
- The 'R-value' used in the building and construction industry is a measure of what quality of a materials: Life expectancy; Cost; Thermal resistance; or Tensile strength?
- Which three of these waste products are safe and helpful to compost (and by exception which are not): Dairy products, Egg shells, Sawdust, Lard, Fish bones, Tea-bags, Pet waste?
quizballs 157 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes