This webpage is a new format being tested for mobile and small screens. We'd greatly appreciated any feedback or suggestions you can give about its technical performance, on any screen type, especially if it fails to operate well. Thank you.
quizballs 114 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
quizballs 114 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
This is a 1-30 numbers quiz.
The answers are the numbers 1 to 30 (although not in the correct order, obviously)
Each number appears in only one answer.
- Holes in a standard round of golf?
- The MS Windows computer operating system version that succeeded Vista?
- Greek 'monos'?
- Total dots on a die?
- Square root of 576?
- Total of the sides on a pentagon and a heptagon?
- Days of the average human menstrual cycle?
- Lines traditionally in a sonnet?
- Whole miles in a marathon running event?
- The number followed by .14159, fully known as pi, used to calculate the circumference and area of a circle?
- The first Apollo moon landing?
- "The Lord is My Shepherd..." psalm number?
- Planets in our solar system?
- American Presidents assassinated in office?
- Old Chinese method of counting on one hand, up to this number, using the thumb to touch the tip and three joints of each finger?
- 'The curse of Scotland' diamonds playing card?
- The age that Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Kobain all died?
- A bronze desk (anagram)?
- A Nebuchadnezzar wine/champagne bottle equates to how many normal bottles?
- The average age of a US combat soldier in the Vietnam war (also a 1985 Paul Hardcastle No1 hit song)?
- Traditionally (UK/US) the years of a pearl wedding anniversay?
- Legs of the largest group of species on earth?
- Considered unlucky in Italy, probably because its Roman numerals are an anagram of a Latin word which can mean loosely 'I have lived', implying 'I am dead' ?
- Red balls on a snooker table at the start of a frame (traditional full game version)?
- Yards in a chain?
- The dog Timmy made how many in Enid Blyton's 'Famous...' series of children's adventure books?
- The Boeing Superfortress B-'what'-type of American aircraft that dropped atom bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945?
- Basic parts of the Chinese Taijitu symbol (related to Taoism philosphy and popular interpretations of yin and yang)?
- British orbital motorway featuring the Dartford Crossing is the M-what?
- Diez, Tio, Zehn, and Zece (in Spanish, Swedish, German and Romanian)?
I am grateful to H Hughes for the inspiration and provision of this excellent quiz format and for most of the content.
quizballs 114 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes