quizballs 103 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
quizballs 103 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Whose unemployment benefits records from 1963-4 referring to "...Mr Woodward's amateur singing interests and flamboyant dress..." were auctioned in 2010?
- Neat, kine, and beeves are old collective words for what: cattle; children; soldiers; or straw-bales?
- Ben Drew achieved a 2010 number one album fronting which band?
- Ehud Barak succeeded Binyamin Netanyahu as prime minister of which country in 1999?
- What acid occurs naturally in bee and ant venom?
- Wiki means what in Hawaiian: Free; Quick; Easy; or Knowledge?
- Put these ancient body units of length in order, smallest to biggest: Span Palm Cubit Digit?
- International telephone dialling codes for Africa generally begin with what number?
- What word for a monstrously large creature or organization derives from the original Egyptian meaning of 'water-ox', and more specifically, probably the hippopotamus?
- Which UK government ex-minister referred to himself as a "cab for hire" when secretly filmed attempting to sell his capability to influence government policy?
- Oxford Boat Race squad twins Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss became multi-millionaires after a court battle with what website that they claimed stole their idea?
- What is two-thirds of five-eighths?
- The UK company, Banbury Postiche, is famous for making which items that are worn on the body?
- What traditional leatherworking tools became cockney rhyming slang for testicles?
- How many horns does the British minotaur dung beetle have?
- In which country did a military coup overthrow president Juan Peron in 1955?
- Whose memoir was re-titled 'A Journey' shortly before its Autumn 2010 publication, because apparently the publishers were concerned that the author's chosen title 'The Journey' might seem too 'messianic' and arrogant?
- The United States Bullion Depository in Kentucky was formerly known by what name, which has become a metaphorical reference for an impregnable building?
- What number is a hurricane-force storm on the conventional Beaufort Wind Force Scale: 9; 10; 11; or 12?
- Globo Esporte, which carried the headline 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHA' following Argentina's 4-0 defeat by Germany in the 2010 FIFA World Cup, is a newspaper in which country?
- What is the vivid blue semi-percious stone, historically mined in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province and prized by the ancient Egyptians, Mesopotamians, Greeks and Romans?
- Cape Wrath is on the coast of which country?
- A 'bible bump' is an old colloquial term for what medical condition?
- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon (1900-2002) was more commonly known as whom?
- What element, whose symbol derives from its Greek name hydrargyrum, meaning watery silver, melts at minus 38.83 °C and yet boils at 356.73 °C ?
- What would a person normally do with perique?
- What is the traditional name of the woven tape used in dressmaking or millinery for stiffening fabric?
- If under consistently fair conditions, a tossed coin lands heads upwards twice in succession, what are the strict theoretical mathematical chances that the next toss will land tails upwards: One-in-Two; Three-to-Two; Two-to-One; or Seven-to-Four?
- In Richard Sheridan's 1770s play The Rivals what appropriately named character is noted for her amusing misuse of words?
- What US state's capital city is named after gold prospector Joseph Juneau (1836-99)?
- Who was the first female presenter on UK TV's Top of The Pops, who made only one appearance in 1982 to celebrate BBC Radio One's 15th birthday?
- In boxing what does RSC stand for?
- What colourless odourless liquid, E number E422, is used in foods as a sweetener, thickener and humectant (to maintain moistness)?
- The Galapagos Islands lie in which body of water?
- In Scrabble what points value is a letter K tile?
- The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela is in which country?
- What is a small lift called which carries food and other goods between floors in a building: Muteserver; Blindsteward; Dumbwaiter; or Silentwaitress?
- UK politicians David Owen, Shirley Williams, Roy Jenkins and Bill Rodgers, known as The Gang of Four, defected from the Labour Party in 1981 to form which party?
- What is the main stock market index of Hong Kong?
- Name the sportsman who replaced 'Scotty', breaking a relationship enduring over 10 years and 72 victories including several world championships - and what/who is Scotty?
quizballs 103 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes